Asia Program Director
Organisation Name: Asia Clean Energy Coalition (ACEC)
Date Posted: 2023-02-23
Job Type: Full-Time
Job Number: 1034640
- Build a new Asia platform to coalesce industry & clean energy policy
- Leverage your electricity/energy policy & programme and partnerships expertise
- Remote-Asia based, build & lead a regional team; local visa required
The Asia Clean Energy Coalition (ACEC) brings together a coalition of influential renewable energy (RE) buyers in Asia, in collaboration with sellers and financiers, to drive policy and regulation in key Asian markets. By marshalling a unified voice, ACEC will help governments implement policy changes to take advantage of the investment, sustainability, and energy security benefits of enabling better corporate RE sourcing in Asia.
ACEC is being launched by a Secretariat that includes the Climate Group, the Global Wind Energy Council (GWEC) and the World Resources Institute (WRI) with support from the Clean Energy Investment Accelerator (CEIA). The coalitions brings expertise, credibility, and independence to enable corporate procurement of renewable energy and accelerate the overall supply of renewable energy across Asia. ACEC also has steering group members comprised of major energy consuming companies, energy developers and financiers.
Benefits & Culture
- Two-year consulting contract: high likelihood of renewal, based on completion of objectives.
- Competitive base salary commensurate with experience and local salary benchmarking.
- Career growth and advancement opportunities.
- You must have local Asia working rights for the country you apply to be based in.
- Excellent English language skills required, plus fluency in an Asian language is an advantage.
Reporting to the deputy director of WRI’s Global Energy Program, the ACEC director leads the ACEC program nationally and regionally and oversees administration, program development and management, partnership strategic engagement, and marketing/media outreach.
The director will have the opportunity to build a transformational corporate engagement platform in Asia by building a strong team, recruiting global and Asia based companies to join the ACEC, and creating a vision for improving policy and regulatory frameworks that facilitate rapid upscale of RE corporate procurement in Indonesia, Vietnam, Singapore, Japan and South Korea. Your role further consolidates programming and strategy and identifies additional year 2 markets. You will also:
- Deliver program activities and update the steering group on progress
- Build relationships with policymakers and partners and oversee M&E and budget management
- Develop a strategic, sustainable plan for ACEC growth and program implementation in Asia
- Support advocacy activities in the region; facilitate workshops and engagement with media
You are a collaborative, creative, and entrepreneurial Asia clean energy leader with energy and electricity policy experience and an understanding, or ideally a track record, of government engagement and policy influencing. You have built and led relevant regional program teams and coalitions, and you understand how to build successful energy partnerships. Ideally you have experience in energy procurement, and you have delivered and executed strategic plans with key public and private stakeholders. You are a compelling presenter with proven communication/media outreach skills. You can also demonstrate:
- A track record/knowledge of budget management, progress monitoring and reporting
- The capacity to meet fundraising and donor acquisition/membership targets
- Successful government, industry, and key stakeholder liaison and engagement
- Strong relevant networks in the renewable energy sector in the Asia region (preferred)
- Excellent spoken and written English, acumen in at least one relevant regional (preferred)
- Proficiency in MS Office suite, relevant software, and cloud-based management systems
- Demonstrated expertise in time management and ability to deliver to deadlines
If you are an entrepreneurial Asia energy/electricity leader and you want to help ACEC drive clean energy investment across Asia, and you meet most of the criteria above, please send your resume and cover letter in English, addressing the skills required above, quoting reference #1034640, or call Lois Freeke from NGO Recruitment in Melbourne on +61 (0)3 8080 8978 to discuss your interest.
Please note you must have a valid working permit for your Asia location.
Please note there is no formal closing date for this role, if you are interested we would encourage you to apply as soon as possible.
Please be advised you can upload two attachments, including your resume and covering letter when submitting your application.
NGO Recruitment values equitable recruitment practices and is committed to representing candidates reflective of the diverse organisations and communities we work with. We welcome and encourage applications from all backgrounds, ages, and identities, and are happy to adjust our recruitment process to support accessibility needs. If you are interested in this position and have most of the skills or experience we are looking for, please go ahead and apply.